THE PHANTOM RUN - November 18, 2017
Join us for a relaxed and fun winter fundraising race through the lower reaches of the North Shore undulating trails near Seymour River. Technical and non-technical trails, some steep descents. After the race, feast on hot minestrone soup, and other delights! We contribute to the Food Bank in this race so think about any packaged food you can bring to contribute.
rESULTS ARE UP!
Saturday November 18, 2017; 24 km 8:30 am; 19 km 9:00 am; 12 km 10:00 am
- 24.5 km
Start/Finish in North Vancouver, Lower Seymour Conservation Reserve (LSCR) near gazebo
Map & Profile
- 12.5 km route (first loop)
- NOTE: routes have been revised due to Twin Bridge closure. Start at LSCR, short jog to Rice Lake gates (through first gate, next possible left back out again; you do not go around the lake), left back to gazebo, turn onto Suspension Bridge trail (do not cross bridge), follow Baden-Powell across Lillooet Road, down steep switchback to Riverside Drive junction (aid), left onto Fisherman's Trail, up Bridle Path switchback, continue right onto Bridle Path, Will's Way shortcut to Baden-Powell, cross Hyannis Drive. follow Baden-Powell down to Fisherman's, up stairs at Riverside, Richard Juryn west side down to berm, berm to small parking lot near filtration plant, to Twin Bridges Trail, through parking lot to finish area. Finish area is same as previous years.
- 19.5 km route
- Same start as first loop but after returning to start/finish line, go by gazebo, head down Varley to Lynn Headwaters picnic area, cross bridge, do short Lynn Loop, go left onto Headwaters Connector, go to start/finish area.
- 24.5 km route
- Same start as first loop but after returning to start/finish line, go by gazebo, head down Varley to Lynn Headwaters picnic area, cross bridge, go straight along Lynn Loop, keep straight along Cedars Mill trail, go to Third Debris Chute, turn right on Headwaters Trail to head back to Lynn Loop, return to Headwaters Connector, turn left and return to start/finish area.
- Full map and course details found here
- 24 km - 8:30 am Early start ONLY available for slow runners.
- 19 km - 9:00 am
- 12 km - 10:00 am
- Sign in 20 minutes before race start for all groups. YOU MUST SIGN IN. This is for safety reasons.
- 24 km: early bird by Sep 30, 2017 $45 plus food bank donation; After Sep 30: $50. Late reg $60.
- 19 km: early bird by Sep 30, 2017 $45 plus food bank donation; After Sep 30: $50. Late reg $60.
- 12 km: early bird by Sep 30, 2017 $40 plus food bank donation; After Sep 30: $45. Late reg $60.
- BC Athletics members deduct $3.
- Late reg (Nov 13) and race day: $60 if room available. Waitlist available. Be sure to arrive at least 30 mins before your race start.
- Fees can be paid in person by cash at package pickup or on race day OR online until midnight on Thursday Nov 16, 2017.
- Race Registration Form
- Friday November 17, 2017 Forerunners 980 Marine Drive, North Vancouver 4-7 pm
- Saturday November 18, 2017 at the race start in LSCR from 8:00 am-race time.
Other Important Information
Parking and Map to Get There:
- Take exit #22 off Highway 1 in North Vancouver and follow Lillooet Road through to the LSCR parking lot. A map of the area is available here. Carpooling is best because there is limited parking in LSCR.
- Parking lot in LSCR is at north end of Lillooet Road P
- Park in Lynn Headwaters Regional Park overflow lots and walk over.
- Make sure that the first runner back has the car keys!
Warm Up Drop Bag:
- You can bring a bag of warm up clothes so that you are comfy at the finish and can hang out. Look for the tent marked as Drop Bag. Consider rain gear, fleece, winter hat and gloves.
- Baden-Powell at Riverside Drive
- Lynn Headwaters at hiker sign-in/bridge
- LSCR Start/Finish line.
- Expect: water, Cliff bars, gels and shotblocks, electrolyte drink, chips, jujubes, cookies and other treats. First aid will be available.
- 12 o'clock. Stay for some hot soup and draw prizes too!
- North Shore Rescue and local food banks.
- Any donation helps. The use of food banks have gone up 2.4% in one year, so we are focusing on providing food to local food banks and a homeless shelter.
- Send an email to ken [dot] greenaway [at] forerunners [dot] ca
- NO DOGS allowed on course.
- Sanctioned by BC Athletics.
- Sat Nov 4, 2017. Start location in LSCR near gazebo at 8:30 a.m. Dress for changing weather. Free.
- 24km 2016 // 19km 2016 // 12km 2016
- 24km 2015 // 19km 2015 // 12km 2015
- 24km 2014 // 19km 2014 // 12km 2014
- 24km 2013 // 19km 2013 // 12km 2013
- 24km 2012 // 19km 2012 // 12km 2012
- 24km 2011 // 19km 2011 // 12km 2011
- All 2010 results
- 24km 2009 // 19km 2009 // 12km 2009
- All 2008 results
- 24km 2007 // 19km 2007 // 12km 2007
- All 2006 results
- All 2005 results
- 12 km Male: 0:55:00 Thomas Nipen
- 12 km Female 1:00:14 Alison Jones
- 19 km Male 1:33:06 Thomas Pickett
- 19 km Female 1:51:00 Nicola Gildersleeve
- 24 km Male 1:41:00 Joseph Gray
- 24 km Female 2:07:00 Shannon Back