IRON KNEE/TENDER KNEE - May 26, 2018 REGISTER HERE!
Iron Knee & Tender Knee results.
Photos by Rob Shaer, on Powerline and near the finish (Baden-Powell).
Join us for the 15th annual point-to-point Iron Knee / Tender Knee! Starting from Cleveland Park or Lower Seymour Conservation Reserve in North Vancouver to the finish on the shores of Deep Cove, racers will be treated to some great trails capped off by the punishment of the infamous Powerline Climb and chocolate delights at the finish line.
Saturday May 26, 2018; 8:00 am start time
- Iron Knee 25 km
- Tender Knee 13 km
Tender Knee starts at the Lower Seymour Conservation Reserve, North Vancouver
Iron Knee starts at Cleveland Park on Capilano Road in North Vancouver
- Iron Knee: $45 until March 31; $55 until May 13.
- Tender Knee: $40 until March 31; $50 until May 13.
- Fees can be paid in person by cash at package pickup OR online here
- If not filled, race day registration is accepted but be sure to arrive at least 30 mins before your race start time.
- Friday May 12, 2017: 5-7 p.m. at Forerunners North Shore
980 Marine Drive, North Vancouver
- Race day (Saturday May 13, 2017): at your race start location 30 minutes before your race time.
Other Important Information
- ALL racers need to arrive EARLY to park at Cove Cliff Elementary School lot or on streets such as Deep Cove Road, Rockcliff Road, Raeburn Street and then walk to the bottom of Gallant Ave to get the shuttle bus if you need it.
- CARPOOLING IS RECOMMENDED. Racers are asked NOT to park in Panorama Park parking lot. Best solution: get someone to drop you at your start area and pick you up after the race in Deep Cove.
- $5 (6:30 and 6:45 am departure for Iron Knee and Tender Knee). Bus location is at the bottom of Gallant Ave in Deep Cove. Allow lots of time to walk down there. You must book shuttle in advance; you can do it online here.
- Iron Knee 8 a.m.
- Tender Knee 8 a.m.
- ** Be sure to sign in 20 minutes before race start for all groups. YOU MUST SIGN IN. This is for safety reasons.
- Mosquito Creek bridge at Baden-Powell.
- Mountain Highway.
- LSCR gazebo area.
- Powerline top at Mushroom Trail intersection (Chocolate cake at Powerline!)
- Indian River Road at Baden-Powell trail.
- Expect water, Cliff bars, gels, electrolyte drink, chips, jujubes, cookies and other treats. First aid will be available.
- 12 o'clock at Deep Cove. Top 3 by gender by event.
- Draw Prizes - 50% will be pre-drawn by bib number and available at finish line. Every racer gets a logoed race bag at the finish line.
Ken Greenaway: ken [dot] greenaway [at] forerunners [dot] ca
- Free orientation run Sat April 29 at 8:30 a.m. Dress for changing weather.
- NO DOGS allowed on course.
- Iron Knee 2017. Tender Knee 2017
- Iron Knee 2016; Tender Knee 2016
- Iron Knee 2015; Tender Knee 2015
- Iron Knee 2014, Tender Knee 2014
- Iron Knee 2013, Tender Knee 2013
- Iron Knee 2012, Tender Knee 2012
- Iron Knee 2011, Tender Knee 2011
- Iron Knee 2010, Tender Knee 2010
- Iron Knee Male: 1:36:18 Rickey Gates (2013). Course altered 2011.
- Iron Knee Female: 2:00:42 Stephanie Hamilton (2013). Course altered 2011.
- Tender Knee Male: 46:40 Devon Kershaw (Olympian) in 2014.
- Tender Knee Female: 49:25 Kristin Steira (Olympian) in 2014.